Wednesday, April 05, 2006

What do World Relations and "The OC" have in common?

Read this and find out. It's good. Especially if you're a fan of the series.



Also, regarding Toronto pitcher Theodore Roosevelt Lilly (yes, that's his full name) and the nickname "The Prince of Norway."--I'm not sure where this came from. Apparently Mnraul thinks I started it, and I think that Mnraul started it.

So let's get into it. First, who is the actual Prince of Norway? Why, that would be Haakon Magnus, the son of Harald and Sonja. It is also a drink, albeit a bit girly. The fact is there is no mention of Ted Lilly ever being called "the Prince of Norway" on google.

Lilly is 6-1, 190 pounds, where I would imagine the Prince of Norway to be a small, spritely fellow. Lilly has dark hair and some facial stuff going on as well, where I would imagine the Prince to be of fair complexion with blue eyes and flaxen hair. I don't believe that I would have given him this name, although it's a pretty cool nickname. Gone are the days of cool nicknames for players. Now we have "A-Rod", "K-Rod", "Morneau for four" (actually, that's a good one too.), "J-Roll", and more first letter-first syllable combinations. Back in the day that had cool nicknames. Dave "the Cobra" Parker, "The Splendid Splinter", "The Sultan of Swat, "The Georgia Peach", "Charlie Hustle", "The Yankee Clipper", and the "Mad Hungarian" to name a few. I believe that "The Prince of Norway" is harkening us back to those days, and bravo to me, or Mnraul, or whomever came up with it. Bravo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home