Thursday, June 21, 2007

June 6th marked my 6 year anniversary of my employment at Lettermen Sports. It's weird to think that I was living with Blade, Teeblah, Handsteam, and MnRaul when I started. I was just a pup for cryin' out loud.

Anyway, I got a little reflective/retrospective/whatever that day, thinking about the job, my life, etc. and I wondered if I'd ever work anywhere else, or have a 'different' job as it were.

So that's the question. Most or all of us have hit the mid to late 20's, finished schooling, etc. Do you see yourself having another job/career in your life? Or is where you are at where you are at, so to speak. Obviously there are promotions and such within your own field or job that wouldn't apply here, I'm strictly speaking of a big/different move, like if I went and worked for the Gap or something. What do you think? Are you depressed? Is it over? Is what you're driving to in the morning the same thing you're going to be hover-drafting to in the morning in 30 years?

It's really hard for me to answer my own question. I really can't see myself doing anything else at this point, but I guess it makes me want to carve a new hole into my ass when I think about doing what I'm doing in 30 years. I guess I'm banking on Lettermen to become a massive profit making machine, in which case I'll be in on the ground floor and be in a better situation than I am at the moment, but that's quite a bit to bank on.

Anyway, think about it.

By the way, how fun are the tags? I like tagging the very random stuff, thereby defeating the entire purpose of the tags themselves.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home