Friday, February 10, 2006


Alright goofballs! To post on this blog you must do the following:
1. Get a blogger account.
2. Get an e-mailed invitation from me and accept it.
3. Log on to www.blogger.com and sign in.
4. From that log-in you should see We Blog in your lists of blogs. Click on it to access the blogger "dashboard" which is where you do your "blogging".
I'll admit it is a little weird to have different url's for posting and reading but I guess that is google's perogitive.

Speaking of perogitives... I am looking at moving the blog and changing the whole face of the game. Taking it to the next level if you will. I will of course test everything out first but I'm looking at using iWeb for the website publishing. It looks like a sick program that will allow me to easily fix the appearance problem (not being able to customize it as much as I'd like) as well as add photo casting slide shows, video, and podcasts. As well as the normal b.s. we have been doing. It's $79 for the whole iLife 06 suite but I have been none to find other ways of procuring software. I'm also looking to .mac to do the web hosting. The .mac groups function appears to be exactly what I'm looking for. 3 problems: First, cost. It's $99 for the year for .mac. That includes like 1GB of storage or something. Other web hosting will run approx $60 a year for more storage and transfer as well as a unique domain name. .mac's domain deal is weird. It appears to be similar to blogger in that you log in to .mac at apple.com and go from there versus going straight to the url. On the other hand groups seems to have it where other users will be able to post content without needing iweb or a mac. I'm unsure if I can create a site with iweb away from .mac groups that will allow you guys to post content. I know i can have it where you have user names and passwords for the site but I need you guys to post, I'm much to busy having a wildly successful life to be fully responsible for all the content on this blog. Yes I know that I got away from my three pronged deal but it was a conscious decision so go brokeback your self. Anyways I should no more after this weekend as I'll be "test driving" iWeb. This would be a good opportunnity to get your votes in for a url name. You wouldn't want to leave it completely to me and end of up with www.iamahugedoucheandlovetogotohardcoresexwebsiteswhileatwork.com all over your browser history.

Going back to the whole podcast deal, does anyone have a phone that can send voice recording to an email or something? Isn't there a way to "text" message it to an email or something? We need to figure out a way to portably record stuff and then get it to my computer. Preferablly by this weekend. Booyacasha.

3 Comments:

Blogger HandsTeam said...

I have iLife '06 at work. I can give you the hookup.

- Hand Steam

9:26 PM  
Blogger f theb said...

By the way, teeblah, I looked up the Lady Techsters roster and found a Foote, Gagne, Nolan, St. Louis and Anderson (that's a stretch) playing for them. You'd think they'd be a little more competitive.

9:47 AM  
Blogger teeblah said...

Nice James, hook it up. My "version" is having problems.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home